Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 31, 2007

What will happen to Guat adoptions ???

47% of you said "They will stay open but be more complicated " . I hope and pray this is what happens . If not what will we do to help these children ??

5 comments:

veggiemom said...

Breaks my heart just to think about it. I've so wanted Ruby to have a Guat sibling but I think we're going to move forward wih Ethiopia because things seem to be getting harder everywhere, especially for singles and I don't feel like I can wait. Just makes me sad for all those little Guat babes.
Kerri and Ruby

Anonymous said...

It's funny because someone just e-mailed me a article from Christian Monitor and you were quoted in it. i think it was done last year. This person knows of our troubled adoption and she thought that another person that was quoted in this article may be of interest to me. I was going to e-mail you about it but I couldn't find your e-mail address on here.
Terri

Becca said...

I don't know what will happen, but it keeps me up at night. All of those beautiful babies and kids - they're in His hands...

JuJu - said...

You know how I fell - lets go - lets build an orphanage - lets change things - it starts with us:)

Julia:)

Nora Glenys said...

We were wanting to start another adoption and it doesn't look good for this year. I have been told that when we are able to adopt from Guatemala again it will take much longer to get the babies home. It took Nora about 6 or 7 months to adjust and she was only 10 and 1/2 months old when we picked her up. We visited her twice before we picked her up and spent a total of 4 weeks with her before we brought her home. We have heard that the babies will be closer to two years old when they come home. That's tragic. The adjustment will take much longer. I wish something could be done to help the children get home younger so it wouldn't be so hard on them.

Pam